[SATLUG] updating the bios in Fedora 12

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Tue Mar 23 17:47:48 CDT 2010

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> redpill wrote:
>> I know that the latter ASUS boards have an BIOS update utility inside
>> the bios.  also try this article it should get you on the right path
>> http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/33
>
> I don't ever recall upgrading a BIOS.  What would cause the need for
> that?
>
> Seriously.
>
>   -- Bruce
I did so Bruce to change the bios memory allowing 2gig sticks to work
where it was only accepting 1GB ... something to do with way it looks at
more banks in the same slot. Is an ECS mobo. Expanded memory to 4gb from
2gb. I don't remember how I did it but I know it was not with a flop.
almost sure I did it with bootable cd I DLed and burned. Since BIOS
change occurs before the kernel is loaded I suspect the distro does not
matter
hh