[SATLUG] Keyboard Problem

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 31 23:00:00 CDT 2010

--- On Wed, 3/31/10, redpill <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:

From: redpill <toddwbucy at grandecom.net>
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Keyboard Problem
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 2:52 PM

try manually resetting the CMOS for that board.

Todd

Todd,
Thanks for the suggestion.  Tried resetting it two ways (moving the jumper and removing the CMOS battery), but the keyboard still acts the same.  After some playing, I verified that the motherboard's PS/2 mouseport is working OK, something I hadn't noticed before.  Still can't put the right kind of life into the keyboard, though.  One other symptom: When I switched hard drives to another with Ubuntu 9.04 aboard, the desktop came up just fine.  Two different mice worked just fine also, but neither keyboard worked....

I lied.  The second keyboard is now working fine and in the PS/2 slot, too.  I'll have to guess that the refugee family, which has children playing with this machine, somehow threw the OS into disarray.  I'll format the original hard drive and reload 9.04 into it and see what happens.  Other suggestions are always welcome.  Thanks again.
Art