[SATLUG] SNMP and SSH/telnet commands thru web Interface

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Mon May 10 11:00:00 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 15:32, twistedpickles <twistedpickles at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm familiar with the built in http server on the Cisco switches
> unfortunately that won't work.

I am a bit late to this discussion, but I presume that you are ok with a
stand-alone system as a host for this capability, since it really cannot be
embedded into the switches themselves.  MindTerm is a Java Applet that can
be included in HTTP pages, and it would seem that if you use a little elbow
grease, you could build it in yourself.  A PogoPlug with HTTP server and
your embedded code would be pretty elegant.

I am not sure from your discussion whether you are looking to "automate" (ie
send programmatic commands via this solution) or just have a "Management
Panel" where the admin can click on the appropo switch and it would spawn an
SSH interface to that box without any "dedicated" software on the client.

If you are looking for a "pssh" like solution (ie send the same commands
simultaneously to multiple switches) then I am not sure the best way to do
this, or even what commercial solutions do this; but maybe Cisco
Configuration Manager or SolarWinds perhaps.

HTH,
John Pappas