[SATLUG] How to make video from a sequence of JPGs?

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Mon May 10 17:45:48 CDT 2010

Borries Demeler wrote:
>>   If you want, I'll run the command for you,
>>> if you can upload your images somewhere I'll give it a try.
>>>
>> Could you check if the ffmpeg commands work for you?
>> ffmpeg -f image2 -i image%d.jpg video.mpg
>> ffmpeg -r 10 -b 1800 -i %03d.jpg test1800.mp4
>> ffmpeg -r 10 -b 1800 -i *.JPG test1800.mp4
>
> As far as I know ffmpeg is for encoding movies, not images. What is wrong
> with the mencoder command I sent you? Doesn't that work?
>
> -b.

ffmpeg is very versatile. The mencoder command you sent worked great! I
really like using ffmpeg and I was wondering if you (or possibly anyone
else) could verify that the command should work or that the command
isn't working for anyone else. (Additionally, if I did find the working
ffmpeg code I could (hypothetically) correct the code in stop motion.)