[SATLUG] More evidence of Steam and Valve games coming to Linux

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Thu May 13 21:59:33 CDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Justin <the.dead.dude at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hopefully Steam on Linux will let you play all of your steam games on
> linux.  That would be absolutely great.  But unfortunately I think
> Steam-Linux will be something more like you'll only be able to play certain
> games on Linux.
>
> Either way, once it happens we'll have to do a linux-steam-lan party.

It's a great start that will lead the way to more and more games in the
future being released on the Linux as well.

Now how will this effect games that are being written with M$ proprietary
graphics library, directx? And if this results in games being written using
SDL or OpenGl instead, I imagine the development of those improve
increasingly and be under more development to better those graphics
libraries for games.

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0