[SATLUG] What am I doing wrong to connect to an Active Directory?

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:41:25 CDT 2010

I've got a Samba server I need to connect to the campus AD. I set up
Kerberos first, /etc/krb5.conf contains:

[libdefaults]
dns_lookup_realm = false
default_realm = UTHSCSA.EDU

[realms]
UTHSCSA.EDU = {
        kdc = ***.***.uthscsa.edu
        default_domain = uthscsa.edu
        }

[domain_realms]
.kerberos.server = UTHSCSA.EDU

My AD account is an Administrator and able to connect Windoz machines
to the AD, but when I try to kinit this server, I get:

kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm UTHSCSA.EDU
while getting initial credentials

So I google that error and it tells me something is wrong with the DNS
not resolving that name. The problem is, DNS can resolved that name.

What else should I look for?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu