[SATLUG] What am I doing wrong to connect to an Active Directory?

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:50:24 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> what do you get from an nslookup of that name from the box giving you the
> error?

I get the correct response back. I called the Windoz admin guy to
verify he gave me the right domain controller name. There are 5 domain
controllers on campus so I'm going to try each one.

On another note maybe I'm trying to do something advanced when the
solution could be simplier. The problem I have is a user that logs in
to the campus domain, can not get our network share. It keeps
prompting them for a login like:

UTHSCSA\<username>

If they use a local account, our network share works.

The only solution I came up with is to bind this server to the campus domain.

Is there a different solution I should be considering?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility