[SATLUG] How trackable is your browser?

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Wed May 19 06:41:37 CDT 2010

You can use an onion router. FF has Tor plugins. You can also tunnel
over ssh. Taking due diligence to clear cookies and flash 'cookies' is
mostly good enough. Also take a look at the 'request policy', 'default
user agent', and 'better privacy' plugins for FF.

Basically everything that you send unencrypted is 'public.' There are
plenty of chances for MITM snooping / packet capture.