[SATLUG] How trackable is your browser?

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Wed May 19 08:04:53 CDT 2010

On 5/18/2010 4:06 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> http://panopticlick.eff.org/
>
> At least for me:
>
> "Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 937,511 tested
> so far."

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 977,650 tested
so far.

This is in firefox on windows. I'm wondering if perhaps this isn't
really as dramatic as it used to be. It includes things like Screen Size
and color Depth, the plugins I've got, and what fonts are installed.
It's entirely possible that most everyone will be unique, unless you're
a windows internet exploder user, and you never changed your resolution
from the default when you bought your laptop from Worst Buy.

David