[SATLUG] Re: Any Technical/Automation-Hacking/Override info on the CPS Energy Saver Thermostat?

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 19 09:35:35 CDT 2010

Doug wrote:

>I spoke to CPS  about one of those, and their advice was that if there is usually someone home all day then DO NOT have one installed.  But if you do get one and have ANY electronics in use, they should be protected by surge protectors and battery back ups or UPS with back up.  That or kiss them goodbye.

You got a cite from competent authority for that? There's nothing
electrical that differs in this unit from a standard thermostat. The
unit just pretends the temperature is a little different than it is. The
A/C turns on and off EXACTLY THE SAME as with a standard t-stat, so
where is this magic electronics-destroying monster?