[SATLUG] High Paying Linux(RHEL)/Solaris/BSD Sendmail System
Engineer Position in Silicon Valley
tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed May 19 23:17:15 CDT 2010
A recruiter contacted me for a Silicon Valley Linux/UNIX Senior Engineer
position at a "well known Internet company" for very good pay (even for SV).
It's a temp to hire position, but sounds like it's worth it for anyone who
doesn't mind living in Southern CA and risking a temp-to hire position. I can
not disclose the hiring company on list.
Below are the requirements. If interested, contact me with a PDF resume for
more info (serious, qualified inquiries only please):
Sendmail (strong - here are the Sendmail questions they're asking in the
1. Describe your largest sendmail deployment including how
redundancy, load balancing, and DoS mitigation was implemented.
2. Describe any milters that you have worked with or written.
3. Describe any custom sendmail binaries that you have created
and include details about what was custom.
Here's the job description:
Senior Unix Systems Engineer
Strong SendMail Experience
RedHat and Solaris
This position has been split into two positions - Perl and Sympa experience
are no longer required!
This position requires an individual who is well versed in UNIX/LINUX. The
ideal candidate must enjoy working in a dynamic setting, with a unique
ability to effectively juggle multiple high priority challenges. The Senior
Unix Systems Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of UNIX
servers and desktops that support all the Business efforts of the Company.
This position will also be responsible for interfacing with various levels of
the business; he/she will be required to assist other team members with
projects as necessary.
Engineering & Administration
* Develop and present proposals and technical solutions to management
* Technically oversees and administers UNIX/LINUX Systems environment and
interoperability with Windows
* Monitors multiple operating systems [UNIX/ Linux]
* Monitors UNIX based Incident(s) and problem queues daily
* Responsible for resolving complex challenges in a timely manner
* Support all development efforts by various development groups
* Develop and produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual system reporting for
all UNIX servers
* Ability to solve highly complex problems spanning multiple technologies and
* Require in-depth knowledge of high availability technologies
* Capacity to learn and gain a high level understanding of multiple
* Out of hours and weekend working will be necessary
* UNIX Scripting (Shell Scripting and PERL Programming Skills)
Create business solutions/partnership by working with internal and external
staff to ensure company success
- Expertise with Solaris, RHEL, FreeBSD System Administration (7-10 yrs)
- Expertise with SendMail (MUST HAVE)
- Expertise with SUN/Oracle hardware architecture, troubleshooting and
- Sympa experience
- Solid understanding of RAID and fiber channel storage
- UNIX/LINUX Security Experience is a MUST
- Preferred * Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Skills
- Preferred * UNIX Performance Tuning
Certifications: Solaris, Red Hat UNIX/LINUX, etc. not necessary but a plus.
Heh.. and NO.. this is not Rackspace.. ;)
More information about the SATLUG