[SATLUG] Switch Mode Power Supply Design Software

pcdls.ronin pcdls.ronin at gmail.com
Thu May 20 02:14:02 CDT 2010

Anybody have any knowledge of an open source, switch-mode power supply
design tool?  I was sitting down one day, crunching the numbers on a
buck converter design's power transformer and thought it might be nice,
given the iterative nature of power supply design and the relative
standardization of switch mode design principles, to have a design tool
that took the desired power supply parameters and crunched all the
numbers for you.  Perhaps, even afterwards, generating scripts for
simulating in gnucap or ngspice and analyzing in sage/octave for
verification purposes.

If there isn't, I'm thinking about generating my own.  But, I wanted to
check with you guys before re-inventing any wheels.  Plus, I don't
believe that this will be a trivial exercise given the broad choices of
design conditions.

pcdls