[SATLUG] How trackable is your browser?

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu May 20 21:30:06 CDT 2010

David Kowis wrote:
> On 5/18/2010 4:06 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> http://panopticlick.eff.org/
>>
>> At least for me:
>>
>> "Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 937,511 tested
>> so far."
>
> Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 977,650 tested
> so far.
>
> This is in firefox on windows. I'm wondering if perhaps this isn't
> really as dramatic as it used to be. It includes things like Screen Size
> and color Depth, the plugins I've got, and what fonts are installed.
> It's entirely possible that most everyone will be unique, unless you're
> a windows internet exploder user, and you never changed your resolution
> from the default when you bought your laptop from Worst Buy.
>
> David

David this over my head ... sooo I pose a simple question to this list...

Does Goog have the potential to become a tyrants right hand or not? U
plainly see that since they place false ads with no discrimination they can
be dangerous to our already embattled civil rights?

Main ? Could Goog move into a pawn position of the damn thieves that are
currently wrecking our lives? What moves can be made to stop them if they
become evil.

I see this as a puzzle and I cannot yet solve it cause there is no clear
picture, please enlighten.
hh