[SATLUG] How trackable is your browser?

mark mayfield_mark at att.net
Thu May 20 21:39:06 CDT 2010

As far as tracking through browsers I don't think its that big of a
deal. After all you can change your browser and your operating system. I
find trusted computing and the trusted platform modules a much more
troublesome proposition. It's got a history, the Paladium chip was an
early version and when Intel tried to get identification numbers
embedded into their CPU's. The idea is that it is a hardware based
identification method that "cannot be altered", even by the owner of the
hardware. As well as tracking computers, they can also be used to
control what software is allowed to run on a machine and whether or not
you are granted access into a network, or the Internet.