[SATLUG] External Drive Shared by Mounting with sshfs - Which Drive Format - FAT32 or ???

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:35:46 CDT 2010

I am recycling my external disks. They are currently formatted FAT32.
I have never liked FAT32.
Since I no longer do any Production work with Windows, 98% of the
access is from Linux. Primarily Ubuntu 10.04 and PCLinuxOS 2010. Both
of these run the JFS file system.

I plan to use the sshfs procedure for mounting and syncing the drives.
Probably rsync will actually do the sync.
Should I just format these drives with JFS?
Is there something like FAT32 only better to use now?

If I was still using Windows for Production I would probably use NTFS
because Linux has ntfs-3g built in.
Suggestions?