[SATLUG] Re: Any Technical/Automation-Hacking/Override info on the CPS Energy Saver Thermostat?

pcdls.ronin pcdls.ronin at gmail.com
Sun May 23 20:30:47 CDT 2010

Excellent advice.

pcdls

P.S.  love your PV comment in your sign-off.  Do PV actually pay off in
the long term, given initial cost, degradation, service and the like?
Doubt it.  At least my calculations have indicated it to be
cost-prohibitive in the long term model.  Now if I lived in a windy
area, at least I could CNC some replacement parts to a wind turbine as
part of a long term maintenance and repair effort using basic human
ability.  I can't exactly develop and maintain a silicon fab lab (or
readily find people to support it) to easily support poly-amorphous
silicon production efforts and switch mode supplies for solar cells
until we pull our heads out of our butts and actually learn to share
this sort of manufacturing information.  This is why internal combustion
engines won't go away any time soon.  Like Linux, it's established
technology , readily shared and relatively easy to duplicate from a
manufacturing/production standpoint.