[SATLUG] Re: Any Technical/Automation - now PV

mark mayfield_mark at att.net
Tue May 25 14:07:25 CDT 2010

Are you kidding? I don't know why everyone is acting like global warming
is the only problem with pollution. In a family of 5 dogs that we had 3
of them got cancer. We used to let our dogs drink unfiltered tap water.
Since we started filtering our tap water none of our dogs have ever
gotten cancer. I won't let any living creature drink unfiltered tap
water for an extended period of time. Besides cancer there are asthma
and autism which may be at least in part attributed to different kinds
of commercial pollution. People have to be careful how much fish they
eat because of mercury content. Species becoming endangered on a regular
basis some of which can be attributed to commercial under regulation
(pollution and deforestation, sea otters endangered partially because of
oil spills). Anyone that acts like pollution is no big deal and
companies should just be allowed to do whatever they want with the
byproducts of their activities, well I won't event make that comment,
it's obvious.

People that endanger other individuals, especially children can face
criminal charges but companies that endanger entire populations are
protected and respected. Sometimes I am ashamed of myself and my peers.
I'm in awe of the power that money has over people and it's ability to
make people believe things that are completely illogical and sometimes
downright insane.