[SATLUG] off-topic Solar-PV discussion

Chris crynosys at grandecom.net
Fri May 28 01:10:27 CDT 2010

Borries Demeler wrote:
> Those individuals (to be clear, a small group of climate
> scientists) who violated scientific methods and ethics have caused a huge
> amount of damage to the field, and with the help of biased media, cast doubt on
> the overwhelming majority who conduct sound science investigations.
> Exactly what you are doing is now happening repeatedly. The bad apples keep
> getting pointed to as to why the entire science must be flawed. Of course,
> the vast majority of scientists did not falsify their science,
snip
> I wished people would make a bit of effort to look
> beyond this manipulation and figure out what really is going on. The
> evidence for man-made climate crisis is overwhelming and undeniable.

IF all the small group was guilty of was practicing bad science.
IF the IPCC wasn't still using their finding to scare
the world into Global redistribution of wealth schemes.
IF the Church of Climate Change didn't reject rational economically
viable short term and long term solutions to the "crisis" out of hand.
IF I didn't have to wade through pages of personal attacks to find
out that some Church Official couldn't dispute the facts they just
hated the way a statement was worded.
   I might agree with you.

Fortunately when you discount "the bad apples" work you knock off the
worst of the effects of global warming.  Then your left with a
consensus of a possible rise in sea level of 1 to 5 feet between now
and 2100.

The fact that man is generating a huge amount of green house gases
IS undeniable.  The Fact that even greater concentrations have
repeatedly occurred before man reached the industrial age is also
on record.
The Fact that there is a 95 percent chance that NONE of the catastrophic
predictions will come true is also on record.

The fact that the earth's climate will eventually change with
or without human intervention is undeniable.
The rate of that change not the severity is what threatens us puny
humans.

> Interesting conversation, though I feel we pushed it a bit too far away from
> Linux :-)
> -b.
True, but you started it... :-)
I wanted a discussion about how best to utilize linux to monitor 8
sensors and interpret those to operate about 4 different modes on my
homes HVAC setup.
Seen any sub $200 dollar thermostats with USB ports?

Chris (1986 still had the answer to 1000 years of clean energy) Lee