[SATLUG] Qs about BT787 video capture cards

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sat May 29 08:30:53 CDT 2010

I've used a BT787 from Linux Labs with Zoneminder. I haven't run the
system for a little while. I'll try to remember without giving
misinformation.

What you're doing depends on whether you want half duplex or full
duplex. Depending on whether your card supports full duplex at all.

How many fps do you want?

Motion detection on all four should work fine. I don't know about the
built-in chip used for motion detection. My setup relied on the
algorithms in Zoneminder comparing the stream of images.

BTW, I have the Linux Labs card (it's a few years old now but a very
solid piece of technology - solid heavy metal ), a nicer cctv camera,
and a cheap $100 camera that I'm not using. The card expands from 4 full
duplex ports to 8 half duplex ports. (I never used the expansion though.)