[SATLUG] Revision Control Question

pcdls.ronin pcdls.ronin at gmail.com
Mon May 31 20:00:15 CDT 2010

Benjamin Temple wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I have taken up C++ development as my newest computer-related hobby. I feel as if having a revision control system would greatly simplify my software development. How would I set something up (CVS, git, whatever) on a Rackspace Cloud instance?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Benjamin Temple
> TES
> This e-mail contains privileged information intended only for the recipient of this e-mail.

If you're using Linux, install by using 'apt-get install svn'.  You'll
be installing an application known as Subversion.

There are a lot of good links out there for using Subversion.  Here's a
link for the graphical GUI setup of your svn repository (you'll need to
do 'apt-get install esvn' to complete the GUI-based setup)

http://www.packtpub.com/article/change-control-for-personal-projects-subversion-style

There is a lot of information on the internet for setting subversion
up.  Just Google it.  Google may, or may not, be your friend. ;)
pcdls