[SATLUG] linksys wrt54GS

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Nov 4 17:14:02 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have one of those older WRT54GS Linksys routers which I flashed with
Hyperwrt 2.1b1 + Thibor15c a long time ago. It's been super reliable
and working great. However, it does not have QoS. For people familiar
with flashing older WRT54G(S) routers with 3rd party firmware, I would
like to know what is the best firmware to use? Any experiences? Ease of
installation (reverting, if it fails) etc. In terms of features I need
port forwarding, remote ssh access, logging, static DHCP, encrypted wireless
and I also would like to have QoS (which is the only reason I would want to
upgrade). Maybe there are other features out there that would be useful
I don't even know about. Anyway, what does everyone recommend?

thanks, -b.