[SATLUG] Time Warner Recently Nuke All A Records for Residential IPs?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Nov 6 17:43:49 CDT 2010

Hey all..

Just this week my mail server started rejecting email relaying coming from my
home satx.res.rr.com.

I could be on crack here.. but while t-shooting this at the DNS level, I
noticed that while there are PTR records for RR Residential IPs in my
neighborhood:

# host 67.11.61.61
61.61.11.67.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer cpe-67-11-61-61.satx.res.rr.com.

but there are no A records for the same:
# host cpe-67-11-61-61.satx.res.rr.com
Host cpe-67-11-61-61.satx.res.rr.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Is this new for TX residential.. or has it always been this way?

Thanx..

Tweeks