[SATLUG] Time Warner Recently Nuke All A Records for Residential IPs?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Nov 6 22:38:11 CDT 2010

On Saturday, November 06, 2010 06:59:55 pm Samuel Leon wrote:
[...]
> I think I noticed the same thing when I set up my mail server a couple
> of years ago.

Thanks..
I sent their tech group a query about this and why they don't do both.  But if
I had to guess, I imagine that it's yet another way of differentiating their
residential and business class services. For example, since most ISPs don't
want you running full Internet type server/services out of your house.. not
providing matching A/PTRs would be yet another way of pushing folks toward
business class (since non-matching for/rev would preclude solid mail server
interoperability (unless you had an external smarthost you could utilize)).

Tweeks