[SATLUG] Writing Makefiles in Linux

Crandall, Sean scrandall at jw.com
Wed Nov 10 10:16:56 CST 2010

Are you interested primarily in the educational experience?  Or is there any reason you can't use an IDE like KDevelop?  I've written some fairly straightforward makefiles from scratch (I like to use them to build LaTeX projects), and simple ones aren't that hard, but for any kind of programming project with more than a few source files, it's a lot easier to just load it all up into the IDE and let it generate a makefile for me.  If you don't like using an IDE for coding, you might at least try loading it all up and letting it build a makefile for you, and then you at least have an exemplar that you can explore and tweak.

Sean C. Crandall
Registered Patent Attorney
Jackson Walker L.L.P.
112 E. Pecan Suite 2400