[SATLUG] Boot from CD-ROM or DVD

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 11:15:02 CST 2010

The Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) has a lot of utilities for checking RAM and
Disks, wiping Disks, formatting, etc.

Any Linux Live CD like Knoppix or Ubuntu will also tools to do what you
need. If you go with the Live CD of your installed Distro, you can probably
do everything you want including re-install, all from the same CD.

Ernest

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Doug <ftm at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can download or obtain a bootable CD-ROM or DVD
> disk image with the capability of booting and running no more than the hard
> drive utilities such as CHKDISK or equivalent? I have a couple of computers
> that need to have this utility run to recover/repair bad sectors, then
> reformat so as to reinstall the operating system from the original recovery
> disks.
>
> Thanks
> Doug

                  -o)