[SATLUG] XCSSA.ORG is down.. hardware probs.. more info tomorrow night

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Nov 13 21:28:56 CST 2010

On Saturday, November 13, 2010 07:25:43 am Christopher Lemire wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Thomas Weeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org>
wrote:
> >> now. After over two years of uptime (not even one reboot), the caps on
> >> the mobo blew and the whole system has been down all day.
> >>
> >> Tweeks
> >
> > --
>
> I had a feeling you were about to do something to production servers :P

Well.. went from a (blown) dual AMD 3200 system to a passively cooled, dual-
core Intel Atom mini-ITX mobo. And moved from two 80GB PATA drives to a pair
of 320GB SATAs.

Less heat.. less moving parts, no traditional electrolytic caps, all
translates to even more uptime.  I'm expecting a good three years of uptime
before the next reboot or component failure. :)

Tweeks