[SATLUG] XCSSA.ORG is down.. hardware probs.. more info tomorrow night

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 14:58:40 CST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Thomas Weeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org> wrote:
...snip...
> Well.. went from a (blown) dual AMD 3200 system to a passively cooled, dual-
> core Intel Atom mini-ITX mobo. And moved from two 80GB PATA drives to a pair
> of 320GB SATAs.
>
> Less heat.. less moving parts, no traditional electrolytic caps, all
> translates to even more uptime.  I'm expecting a good three years of uptime
> before the next reboot or component failure. :)
>
> Tweeks

What type of enclosure did you use for the mobo?
Just rigged it in the old case?
Did you get a good price? I did a quick look and they don't look cheap.
The CPUs offered in that form factor seem to be Pentium, Celeron and Atom.
Are you expecting a performance increase or decrease from the old system?
Thanks.