[SATLUG] Gnome screensaver

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 23:40:48 CST 2010

How is the gnome-screensaver started? I've reported a bug for this a
while back with no response. I have two instances of it running. When
my screen locks, it requires me to enter the password twice. I can
kill one of them, but next time I reboot, I'm going to have two again.
I found one location that is starting it.

  1 [Desktop Entry]
  2 Type=Application
  3 Name=Screensaver
  4 Comment=Launch screen saver and locker program
  5 Icon=preferences-desktop-screensaver
  6 Exec=gnome-screensaver
  7 OnlyShowIn=GNOME;
  8 NoDisplay=true
  9 X-GNOME-Autostart-Delay=5
 10 X-GNOME-Autostart-Phase=Application
 11 X-GNOME-Autostart-Notify=true
 12 X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
 13 X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=gnome-screensaver
 14 X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=general
 15 X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Version=2.30.0
 16 X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=gnome-screensaver
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
/usr/share/gnome/autostart/gnome-screensaver.desktop

I went to System>Pref>Startup Applications. I did not see it there.

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE
C69F 18B3 E13B 0909

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Jabber: recursivequicksort at jabber.org