[SATLUG] help with name resolutions

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Thu Nov 18 19:29:31 CST 2010

yes it seems many systems have been leaning towards not enabling ping by
default. I usually find attempting a connection from an outside address
more effective. A trace route can also establish connectivity, which you
can use on different ports.

of course if you need to have pings allowed for whatever reason, then...

--
kandm-solutions.com