[SATLUG] XCSSA/SATLUG December Mixer at Rackspace, Wed December 8th, 7pm @Rackspace-HQ (old Windsor mall),

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Thu Nov 25 22:40:57 CST 2010

Are you ready for a December mixer to remember?

       **    Wednesday Night, December 8th, 7pm at the        **
       **        RACKSPACE INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS         **
       **                                                     **
       **    http://xcssa.org/files/Rackspace-Event-Map.pdf   **

This combined SATLUG, XCSSA holiday mixer at Rackspace is not just another
Holiday mixer.  Nor just the start of a prosperous new year.  We at Rackspace
hope that it is also the beginning of a beautiful new friendship between
Rackspace and it's own Open Source community people.

    Woot!

With that all mushy stuff out of the way... Here's what XCSSA and SATLUG folks
together can expect at this mixer:

      # Pot luck food tables (bring what you like.. but don't feel obligated)
      # Candy, chips, finger food, drinks, Rackspace Margaritas, etc
      # Fredrik's Propeller powered "Beverage Buddy" (aka "Cooler Bot")
	serving drinks
	http://xcssa.org/photos/XCSSA_2007-2009-MISC/video/dscf1048.flv.html
      # Fredrik's famous Propeller based Pong Game
	http://xcssa.org/photos/2008_XCSSA/video/10-20_DSCF2938.flv.html
      # a 25kvolt plasma generator (to light light bulbs, burn plasma
        fractals, etc)
	http://xcssa.org/photos/2008_XCSSA/
      # Cool "Chip Tunez" or other geeky background entertainment
      # A tour of "The Castle" (as we Rackers lovingly call our HQ facilities)
      # Surprise door prizes!!

If you're planning on attending, just please be sure to:

       1. RSVP to the mixer coordinators:
mailto:mixer at xcssa.org?subject=RSVP%20for%20XCSSA/SATLUG%20Mixer%20at%20Rackspace
		(or mixer at xcssa.org)
	so that we can make Rackspace aware that you're attending, get your
	printed Rackspace visitor badges, order the drinks, etc.

       2. BRING A PRINT OUT OF THIS EVENT MAP TO GET BY THE PARKING SECURITY
	 GUARDS!...
		http://xcssa.org/files/Rackspace-Event-Map.pdf
	 Otherwise you might make it past the parking security guards.. alive.
	(an interactive map is here: http://tinyurl.com/rackspace-sa)

That's about it.. I think the SATLUG guys do some sort of food organizing..
but I would just encourage the XCSSA folks to just bring some kind of finger-
food, holiday dessert item (if you can), or special snack you love (I like to
bring fruit and cheese myself).  And we'll see ya there!

Tweeks
President of XCSSA.ORG since 1996
Racker since 1999