[SATLUG] Replacement Laptop Screws

Robert Waldo rjw6844 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 23:30:57 CST 2010

I have a pill bottle filled with mostly Dell laptop screws.  Depending on
the brand, that may help.
Sony, Lenovo use several different types and sizes.  Dell uses mostly three
sizes.
Let me know.

Bob Waldo

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Storey Clamp <storey at clamp.ws> wrote:

>  On 11/28/2010 4:10 PM, Ernest De Leon wrote:
>
>> I am fixing a laptop for a family member and I noticed that it is missing
>> several of the screws from the bottom of the laptop. The seem to all
>> thread
>> into plastic 'receivers' on the keyboard side cover. Does anyone have an
>> assortment of these that they would be willing to part with? I want to
>> return it a little bit better shape than I got it. They apparently bought
>> it
>> second hand off of someone for $50 and it's actually a decent machine.
>>
>> I see that there are replacement screw sets (assorted variety) on ebay for
>> $0.99 but I would rather find some local and avoid the shipping and wait
>> for
>> the screws.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ernest
>>
>>  You might try
>> *San Antonio Computer Show and Super-Sale*
>> December 11th, 2010
>> 9:00am - 5:00pm
>>
>> *Location:*
>> Live Oak Civic Center
>> 8101 Pat Booker Rd.
>> (at Loop 1604)
>> San Antonio, TX
>>
>> *Admission:*
>> Adults - $4.00
>> Military, Police, Seniors 60+
>> Firemen, Students - *$3.00*
>>

> I found screws for my laptop there.
>
> Cheers, Storey

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones
slept better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much
more.
  - Woody Allen <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/381.html>