[SATLUG] Disable backspace key for Colemaks

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 17:43:29 CDT 2010

Hello all, I've recently switched my keyboard layout from
qwerty->arabic->colemak. I want to disable the backspace key because my
caplocks key functions as backspace key does with colemaks. I have man xset.
I tried:

xset c off 22
xset -c 22
xset c 0 22

None are working. It appears that c does not take a keymap argument because
I get the --help, but I am not seeing any other way to do it. I've looked at
man xset and googled.

The reason I don't leave it functioning is because I have to force myself to
get used to caplocks and too often I reach for that backspace key without
thinking about it.

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

gpg --recv-keys E13B0909

Key fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE C69F 18B3 E13B 0909