[SATLUG] Filesystem/RAID advice

Jennie Haywood jehaywood at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 14:02:03 CDT 2010

So just to make the picture clearer - this is one machine with access to a
RAID disk drive.. The machine will be dual boot(??) so that sometimes you
are using Windoze and others you are using Linux.

If that's the case, doesn't linux have NTFS filesystem drivers?   If you use
DOS FAT as the filesystem then you have file size limitations, etc...   I
don't know whether windoze is now smart enough to support multiple
filesystem types.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Nate Turnage <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Jennie Haywood <jehaywood at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > run SAMBA (along with NFS) on  the RAID server  then the data is
> available
> > to both
>

> Maybe I wasn't clear. This RAID would be part of the machine, not external
> to it. And I don't think I asked, but what file system should I use that
> would work with both OSes?
>

> ~Nate

Jennie Haywood
----
Everyone is crazy. It's just a matter of degree.
--
The oak tree in your backyard is just a nut that held its ground.