[SATLUG] Filesystem/RAID advice

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Oct 11 16:52:28 CDT 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 2:14 PM, R P Herrold wrote:

> I upstreamed your inquiry to a blender developer and he answered with three letters (NFS) as it runs on *nix, OS/X and Windows.

NFS is a network service, not a local filesystem.  You run an NFS server on whatever machine you want to be your fileserver, and then it provides that storage capacity across the network to the clients that mount that storage from it.

My understanding is that the OP is looking for a universal local filesystem that can be used on top of some storage devices, and work on both Linux and Windows.  That's a completely different kettle of fish.