[SATLUG] Filesystem/RAID advice

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:38:39 CDT 2010

So in response to "Virtualization DOES slow down the system"  I would ask
you these questions:

1) How much RAM did you allocate for running XP in your test environment?
2) How many processors did you allocate to XP?
3) Is your guest operating system even able to use all such resources?
4) Why are you using a game which uses ActiveX to validate your point about
system speed?
That is a measure of responsiveness not throughput or speed.
5) Why don't you acknowledge that Linux file systems are more reliable than
NTFS?
6) Since Windows doesn't have good drivers for the robust file systems
native to Linux,
why not acknowledge that accessing such file systems via a VM guest
operating system
and a standardized networking protocol is a reliable and high performance
way to interface
between a Windows application and a Linux disk's file system.
6) Do you have enough experience with accessing a disk and the files on it
from multiple
Operating Systems to know why that is such a bad idea?

:)

"Virtualization can speed up a Windows system."
Othniel Mark Graichen

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM,
<travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org<travis%2Bml-satlug at subspacefield.org>