[SATLUG] Filesystem/RAID advice

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 21:59:54 CDT 2010

c P wrote:

> Yes, but using 32bits or Linux UAE is/will slow down the areas where >
> 32bits of the 64 bits are used.  So if you give windows > 2^32 bits of
> ram under 32 bit linux; linux will slow down windows.

The point is not that there will be more cycles used.  Of course there
will.  The question is whether the increased number of cycles is
noticeable by a human.  In most 64-bit systems, there are 32-bit
libraries as well as 64-bit libraries.  This is for compatibility with
executables that have not been rebuilt as 64-bit executables.  I've
never known anyone to be able to tell when the 32-bit libraries are
running without some tool to tell them which is running.

   -- Bruce