[SATLUG] Filesystem/RAID advice

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:14:39 CDT 2010

Quite true Bruce.  We need to pick our battles, but my comment was not
directed to the original poster, but toward a misleading, unsubstantiated
and FUD-filled not to mention incorrect statement made by poster
travis+ml-satlug at subspace.org <travis%2Bml-satlug at subspace.org>.

I just couldn't let it pass.  Not everything you read on the SATLUG mailing
list is correct, people.

Your own comments were helpful. And I let the 32 vs 64 bit argument pass
as beneath needing refutation.  But I couldn't let Fear, Uncertainty and
Doubt
pass without condemning it as bias.

I have no problem with his decision to do it all on one box.

Rebooting (and thus Dual-booting) squanders precious time and places
your data at risk of corruption.  VM technology is a solution that should be
investigated for this problem.

Playing ActiveX is a solution to quite a different problem.

Othniel Graichen
2> de la mancha