[SATLUG] in-place upgrade/install?

rsuberg at satx.rr.com rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Wed Oct 13 07:52:16 CDT 2010

I know there is an upgrade for Ubuntu, 10.04 LTS.  Problem is mine was running 8.04.  When I clicked upgrade, going thru the 9.* versions to get to the 10.04, the install went haywire. System still appears to be running 8.04. What I was wanting to know is if I install 10.04 from CD while maintaining the existing mount points if the system would install and maintain the existing filesystem/files, or would that just end up confusing everything else?  I really should have been keeping up with this project more, but as things moved on it got put on the back burner and now got moved back up front.

Richard