[SATLUG] Filesystem/RAID advice

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Wed Oct 13 21:51:34 CDT 2010

I was looking into this a while back. Generally no you cannot give
windows direct access to the video card for rendering. In some cases you
can but you have to get very specific and expensive hardware. Nvidia has
written some virtualization capabilities into some of the video cards. I
believe they are the quadro series. And the only motherboards I'm aware
of are Dell Parallel OS sysems (expensive). I'm not sure which
virtualization software programs are capable of implementing it.

Xen and KVM can I believe do a kind of PCI passthrough which gives the
guest direct access to the hardware. The articles I've read and the
benchmarks I've seen, without the special hardware, have been less than
impressive.

--
kandm-solutions.com