[SATLUG] Asterisk and Voip.ms

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 17:30:59 CDT 2010

Any Asterisk users who have an account with Voip.ms?  I got my number ported
over and I can register and make outbound phone calls, but inbound calls
never ring my registered SIP phone, plus they generate strange CDRs.  Here
is my configuration (users,passwords, and numbers have been changed):

sip.conf:

[general]
context=default
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
;bindaddr=192.168.120.1
;srvlookup=yes
register => <username>:<password>@dallas.voip.ms:5060

[voipms]
canreinvite=no
context=mycontext
host=dallas.voip.ms
secret=<password>
type=friend
username=<username>
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
; allow=g729 ; Uncomment if you support G729
fromuser=<username>
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
insecure=port,invite
; nat=yes ; Uncomment this if your box is behind a NAT

[Home]
type=friend
username=Home
secret=<home password>
host=dynamic
context=mycontext
callerid=214XXXXXXX

extensions.conf:

[mycontext]
include => voipms-outbound
include => voipms-inbound

[voipms-outbound]
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@voipms)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup()
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/1${EXTEN}@voipms)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup()
exten => _011.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@voipms)
exten => _011.,n,Hangup()
exten => _00.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@voipms)
exten => _00.,n,Hangup()

; inbound context example

[voipms-inbound]
exten => 214XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/Home)

Any idea what I'm missing here?  "sip show registry" indicates that Asterisk
is authenticating and registered to the voip.ms server.

Thanks,
Henry