[SATLUG] XCSSA Meeting: GPG Keysigning and Robots!

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sun Oct 17 18:29:32 CDT 2010

Re-sent for SATLUGgers...

-------------------
                Xotic Computer Systems of San Antonio *
                 \_____\________\__________\___\______X
                        \________\__________\___\_____C
                                  \__________\___\____S
                                              \___\___S
                                                   \__A
         (* this email is best viewed in fixed fonts)
                    http://xcssa.org

Hey all!

I probably don't need to send this out, but just in case you hadn't seen the
dozens of other emails about this..

XCSSA GPG Keysigning Party!
===============================
Monday night is the 2010 GPG Keysigning party to help build out our own local
portion of the "web of trust" by visually validating each other and signing
each other's GPG keys.

This is all outlined in the Keysigning Party Steps here:
	http://xcssa.org/archives/XCSSA_2010-10-18.html#STEPS

The participants have all sent in their keys, they've all been reviewed, and
the Roster & Verification form sent out:
	http://xcssa.org/files/GPG-keysigning-check-sheet_2010-10-18.pdf

Robots?
=========
There's been some list-chatter about some robot demos too.. which is always
cool.  Paul says that he's going to bring some lego bots base on this:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-
us/Community/NXTLog/DisplayProject.aspx?id=a85ab161-7287-4535-959c-2e3061a3f1cd

Looks pretty cool..

Hey Fredrik... You want to have this thing go head-to-head with your balance-
bot?
	http://xcssa.org/photos/XCSSA_2007-2009-MISC/dscf0212.jpg

Anyway.. sounds like it will be a fun meeting.

Where?
========
We'll be at our regular meeting place, in the basement of the Nail Technical
Center (rm 122) on San Antonio College Campus at 7pm.  Map here:
        http://xcssa.org/archives/XCSSA_2010-10-18.html#MAP

Hope to see you there!

Tweeks
President of XCSSA.ORG