[SATLUG] Fork bomb prevention

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:25:10 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Enrique Sanchez
<esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Christopher Lemire
> <christopher.lemire at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That won't give you the same output. Try both.
>> I found out the number of processes for just one user, mine.
>>> regards,
>>> esv.
>>> --
>
> You are right, I guess I didn't read your post carefully enough...
> here is what I would have done.
>
> ps -fu <user> | wc -l

Now, be careful, we have a bunch of servers where the limit for a user
was 500 and it was hitting the wall pretty fast, I am not sure whether
it applies or not but the system might count each subprocess
differently or it might be counting threads, dunno.

--
Enrique Sanchez Vela