[SATLUG] SystemD in Linux From Scratch

Travis Mosley backinaction.mosley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 22:58:25 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am installing Linux From Scratch with systemd instead of sysvinit and I
will let you guys know how it goes.

I had to install glib, pcre, dbus-glib, libattr, and libcap before the end
of the LFS book. That all went without a hitch.

Now, I just have to make new service scripts, and install systemd.

The configure options I have used for systemd are:
./configure --with-distro=other --prefix=/usr \
--with-syslog-service=sysklogd --with-sysvinit-path= \
--with-sysvrcd-path= --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin

UPDATE: I tried to send this message to the list before, but it didn't go
through, saying that I was a non-member.
               I also tried to boot my system with systemd, but it said it
could not mount /dev: No Such Device