[SATLUG] making own Ubuntu repo

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Sun Oct 24 17:56:23 CDT 2010

Hey all,

I run a little Ubuntu repo for my home network and am thinking of sharing
some of those packages with the public.

I'm wondering what the current best practice is for this.

I currently use this script, but it sucks:

===
umask 022

releases="hardy intrepid jaunty karmic lucid"
binary="i386 amd64 all"

for r in $releases; do mkdir -p dists/"$r"/universe/source; for b in $binary; do mkdir -p dists/"$r"/universe/binary-"$b"; done; done

apt-ftparchive generate apt-ftparchive.conf

for r in $releases
do
    apt-ftparchive -c apt-release-"$r".conf release dists/"$r" > dists/"$r"/Release
    gpg --detach-sign --armor --yes --local-user $GPG_KEY_ID \
        --output dists/"$r"/Release.gpg dists/"$r"/Release
done

chmod -R a+rX .

exit 0
===

--
Good code works on most inputs; correct code works on all inputs.