[SATLUG] The Price of Data

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:53:08 CDT 2010

All:

Don Wright is absolutely right -- five cents a gigabyte is here.

I have already availed myself of 4 each 2TB USB attach external
drives from newegg.

Unfortunately Don wrote $95 for 2GB Instead of writing $95 for 2TB.
And he wrote $55 for 1G instead of $55 for 1 TB.

We know what you meant.  It takes a while to change from a common
prefix to the next one.  I too had the same issue switching from kilo to
mega, then from mega to giga.  Guess what?  We're aswitching.
Again.

At least now when we talk about GHz, GB, and TB we wont have ask
whether that means CPU speed, Memory size or Hard drive size.
Each is unique, again.  For a while.

Quick, somebody ask Bill Gates whether people will ever need a
Terabyte of RAM on their computer.  And have your tape recorder
turned on.  I mean, MP3 voice recorder.  Dang this technology.

Othniel Graichen