[SATLUG] Multitail via SSH

David Salisbury david.salisbury at momentumweb.com
Thu Oct 28 11:00:44 CDT 2010

>  What do you mean by "a place" only accessible via SSH?  Multitail is an
>  application, so when you run the application, wherever you run it, it has
>  to have access to the logfiles
>  you are possibly trying to remotely access a set of files?

I just mean it would be neat to have multitail running, monitoring a set of
files on the machine which it resides, and have that output accessible via SSH
so that the current "state" that it's in can be "monitored" remotely.  I mean, I
suppose I could just SSH in and start multitail manually with the parameters
required and have a similar effect, but it would be nice to be able to SSH in and
see only multitail's OUTPUT without actually being in any type of interactive
shell.  So someone else could login and monitor whatever multitail is monitoring,
and they wouldn't have to have shell access.

>  What are you trying to "protect" and from whom?

Just wondering if it was possible, really.  But see above.

>  Is this a class assignment?

LOL, no, not currently taking classes anywhere. :)  This is just something I was
wondering about and wanting to set up.
David