[SATLUG] Multitail via SSH

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:09:23 CDT 2010

Thank you Craig for your assessment.  I already got your take on
his question.  That's why I asked him directly.

Regarding redirection that word has a specific meaning in
Computer Science.  VNC and RDP are not redirection in that sense.

Headless programs (daemons) are designed to use logfiles to communicate
their state.

I'm trying to determine if a syslog type solution is appropriate for him or
if he needs
a file sharing protocol configured on /var/log

Then again, it could just be a homework exercise to get the student to
explain file access
controls at a group level.

Othniel