[SATLUG] Multitail via SSH

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 19:03:45 CDT 2010

I'd be glad to enlighten you Friend Craig:

VNC does not redirect the output of an application.
Rather it monitors the frame buffer for changes and sends the deltas
to the remote.  Thus it depends on the underlying OS to get the
screen data and grabs anything there.  If a popup appears over the
output of the application, the user doesn't see the output.

Ok Craig its been a few years since you got that CS diploma.
Ill cut you some slack.

Othniel