[SATLUG] Active Directory and Linux

Daniel Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Fri Sep 3 07:27:01 CDT 2010

On Sep 2, 2010, at 10:26 PM, Benjamin Temple wrote:

> I have a server (Thanks Storey) runnibng Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory (AD).  What is the best way to integrate the AD Authentication with Red Hat Linux 6 Beta or something similar?

Package: system-config-authentication

On RHEL5, this is provided by:

authconfig.x86_64 : Command line tool for setting up authentication from network services
authconfig-gtk.x86_64 : Graphical tool for setting up authentication from network services

See:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/ch-Authentication_Configuration.html#sect-The_Authentication_Configuration_Tool

Find: Winbind