[SATLUG] Speech to Text program

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 09:50:10 CDT 2010

Help! Does anyone know of a speech to text Linux/Ubuntu program like
JAWS...or even a place where I can order the cd or dvd for such a program
for Linux/Ubuntu.

I am blind except for light perception now and haven't been able to read in
months.  My helper Cheryl does my computer work for me.

Oh, or is there a place where I can order the cd/dvd for virtual machine to
run on Ubuntu.  Isn't that what I would need to run the windows program JAWS
on here?  I'm running 9.10 currently.

Thanks in advanced!
Cheryl